Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bacon bits

Kevin Bacon played part in 1984 hit
Associated PressWednesday, May 20, 2009
LOS ANGELES — Chace Crawford is stepping into the starring role in the remake of “Footloose.”
The “Gossip Girl” actor will reprise the role that made Kevin Bacon a heartthrob back in 1984.
Paramount Pictures said Tuesday that Crawford will star as Ren McCormack, the bad boy in a small town who brings everyone together with his daring moves.
Kenny Ortega, the mastermind behind the “High School Musical” movies, will direct.

I bet the role of lovable overweight Chris Penn will be played by a skinny guy who can dance. I say “boo” to the footloose remake. I can’t support a product that is Bacon free. Wait a minute. They called the guy that made high school musical a mastermind. So can anybody get that title now a days? "From the mastermind that brought you Young Einstein..." See, that one made you think. Yahoo Serious, bitches!
I want to see a Footloose remake with 50 year old Kevin Bacon playing the role as 17 yr old Ren McCormack (the bad boy?). Really, the bad boy? The guy that wants dancing allowed is a bad boy? I didn’t know they still call guys a “bad boy”. I would think that completely ruins any tough guy credibility you are seeking by being labeled a "bad boy". Sounds like a moody little bitch to me.
Don’t tweens and creepy 40 yr old men have enough films to watch? Why the dance films? Will blockbuster ever have a section for Dance and Cheerleading films? (Bring It On 18: It was broughten, but went away. Now it has been broughten again!) Will street gangs ever drop the gun play and resume dance battles? I hope they do. Just a club full of thugs in spandex and bullet belts dancing it out for "floor supremacy". " Yeah, that film is over there next to the drama section in the dance section of video cassettes. 3rd shelf, middle, next to the 40 sequels to Stomp the Yard." I had to get that off my chest.

No comments: