Thursday, September 3, 2009

Death Proof soundtrack

I love the Jack Nitzche track the last race. Mainly credited with scores and production. He reminds me of Ennio Morricone, the next track. As good as the Danger Diabolik score. The Ennio track "Paranoia Prima"is on par with Morricone scores. Like a garage rock orchestral number. Something about buzzy guitar and strings that just sound good.

The rest is a mix of over produced doo-wop, R&B and garage. I am still not a fan of T. Rex and Mark Bolan.

Willy Deville is classified as the greatest rock song writer you have never heard. He worked with Jack Nitzche a couple times. That is like a Rock and Roll Kevin Bacon six degrees moment. It sounds like 80's Zed Zed Top. I would need to hear more before hailing him as great.

I will continue to keep lettin' it play.

No comments: